Saturday, March 23, 2013

Author Fun: Mari Mancusi


Fun with Mari Mancusi 


Me, Mari, and in the background is my 16 year old goofball of a son!


I am not sure how many of my readers are aware, but I volunteer with the Round Rock Library Teen Program. I started when my oldest was a teenager and I am very close friends with the teen librarian, Jane. I love working with the teens and my favorite Tuesday nights are those I spend at the library with the teen book club members. We have a lot of fun.  

Jane tries to get as many local authors in as she can. We read their book and then meet with the author and discuss the book and other stuff. This month we had Mari Mancusi.  She is one of my for sure authors. I absolutely love her Blood Coven series and she just happens to be wonderful, sweet, and just a lot of fun. 

The first time I met Mari was a couple of years back at a local book store signing. I was able to hang out with her for a couple of hours and just sit and talk. This time it was a bit more hectic, we had a good sized group of teens and most of them are on the younger side of teens. They are loud and giggly for sure. Mari was very patient with them and they were very respectful. They had a lot of great questions and they all seemed to of loved her Blood Coven series. Which duh, I knew they would. If you have not read them you need to like now! 

Anyways we had lots of fun and I learned I could blush. I was very happy to hear that Mari has heard of my blog and yes I blushed, giggled , and turned all kinds of star struck. 

Mari is coming out with the a new book in the fall. It sounds awesome. She described it as :Terminator with Dragons" The cover is not on Goodreads yet but we got to see a picture of it... its due to have just a few more changes and then it will be released. It is just beautiful too. Here is the info about the book from Goodreads... 




Scorched by Mari Mancusi
September 2013


  

        
Sixteen-year-old Trinity Brown is used to her grandfather's crazy stories, so she never believed the latest treasure he brought home was a real dragon's egg. Not until their home is invaded by soldiers trying to steal it and a strange boy who tells her the world as she knows it will be wiped out in a fiery dragon war—unless they work together to stop it. Meantime, there's a different voice whispering to Trinity, calling to her, telling her what to do...the dragon inside her egg is not ready to give up without a fight..



Sounds awesome right! So put this book on your TBR and seriously read the Blood Coven Series. It rocks! 


1 comment:

  1. Very cool! I have only read one Mari Mancusi book, Alternity. I really liked it and I hope she writes the sequel.

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs