Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Teaser Tuesday #47 and Top Ten Tuesday #37


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Should Be Reading. Bloggers choose two
sentences out of our current read to peak others' curiosity.




Glistening Haven Glistening Haven by Jill Cooper 

  

Teaser:

It was so much easier when they were just monsters, animals. With time, the hunger for blood --to kill anything that wasn't one of them-- faded, but they still needed the blood to live. 



A sexy dystopian novel, The Glistening Haven is set in the future where society's attempt for beauty and perfection nearly destroyed it. Murder, sex, duplicity and drama, join us in the world of New Haven 56.

Susan Monroe doesn't ask for much: good grades from her children, a house with room for a pool, to be the best Tupperware party host in New Haven 56.

But inside her tranquil 1950s styled community, a monster lurks. A monster that lives inside Susan, and every one of her superficially perfect neighbors, held in check by the oppressive police state that rules over them.

Susan's happy life is torn apart when her teenage son goes missing the same night an explosion rips apart the community. Susan knows it’s only a matter of time before the police start breaking down their doors.

Before the reconditioning begins and Susan's identity is lost, she must do one final thing.
Find her son.




Top Ten is an original feature/weekly meme created here at
The Broke and the Bookish that features a great bookish top ten every week.


So many good books coming up. Its hard to narrow it down to the ten I am most excited for but these are the ones that come to the top of my head.

8 comments:

  1. Ooh nice tease! Haven't heard of this book before!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh great list. I read Taken this past weekend and it was a pretty good read! Hope you enjoy it too!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Time I Joined the Circus and Going Vintage are on my list too! Great list :)

    Here's my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm seeing Pretty Girl-13 on a lot of lists today, I might have to give it a second look when it comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been seeing a lot of very intriguing reviews for Strands of Bronze and Gold and it's funny bc I had never heard of t before and them suddenly it's all over the blogs I follow! Stop keeping secret ARCs from me! >.< Pretty Girl-13 was really good and I'm excited to read The Rules About Disappearing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! I'm considering Circus next. :) Hope you enjoy all of these when you get to them! I've got a lot of them on my TBR too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome list! I can't wait for Taken to come out. And Pretty Girl-13. Both seem pretty awesome. The Last Academy looks interesting too.

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs