Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Teaser Tuesday #49 and Top Ten Tuesday #59


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Should Be Reading. Bloggers choose two
sentences out of our current read to peak others' curiosity.




Being Henry David Being Henry David by Cal Armistead

  

Teaser:

The night is gentle, holding my breath, and at least for this moment in time I feel safe. So I decide to tell him. 




Seventeen-year-old "Hank" has found himself at Penn Station in New York City with no memory of anything --who he is, where he came from, why he's running away. His only possession is a worn copy of Walden, by Henry David Thoreau. And so he becomes Henry David-or "Hank" and takes first to the streets, and then to the only destination he can think of--Walden Pond in Concord, Massachusetts. Cal Armistead's remarkable debut novel is about a teen in search of himself. Hank begins to piece together recollections from his past. The only way Hank can discover his present is to face up to the realities of his grievous memories. He must come to terms with the tragedy of his past, to stop running, and to find his way home..



Top Ten is an original feature/weekly meme created here at
The Broke and the Bookish that features a great bookish top ten every week.


So many good books to recommend and I recommend so many depending on the person. I have a hard time narrowing it down to ten so I will stick to 10 I have rated 5 hearts lately. 

12 comments:

  1. Nice teaser. I'll have to check that book out :)

    Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Intriguing teaser. I like your list too. I started The Madman's Daughter and set it aside for something else. I really need to finish it. Come see my teasers for Pivot Point by Kasie West and Three Sisters by Susan Mallery. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And more books being added to my list. I really want to check out Also Known As. It looks like a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just came across Being Henry David for the first time the other day. It looks like an incredible read, I hope you are enjoying it!

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being Henry David sounds so good. Love the teaser.

      And I keep hearing great things about Strands of Bronze and Gold... Gonna have to check that one out for sure.

      Thanks for the recommendations! :D

      My Top Ten... (Gah embarrassing - screwed up the link the first time! =S)

      Delete
  6. Easy was so good! I think I have Flat Out Love but I can't remember. I know I have Born Wicked just chillin on my shelf right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is an awesome teaser! Like your list, too. Lots of good ones on there. :) And I am sooo glad you rec'd the Easy audio to me! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh!! What's going to be told!?

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tell him what??? Great teaser, sounds like a good read!

    Here's my TEASER TUESDAYS post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE Also Known As. Robin Benway is one of my favorite authors- have you read Audrey, Wait!? I'm glad you like Strands of Bronze and Gold so much as I'm waiting for my copy to come in the mail.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs