Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Waiting on Wednesday: Dance of Thieves by Mary E. Pearson and The Girl You Thought I Was by Rebecca Phillips


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Jenn's Pick: I Can't wait to have my hands on this!

Dance of Thieves (Dance of Thieves, #1)
Dance of Thieves by Mary E. Pearson
August 7th, 2018


A new novel in the New York Times–bestselling Remnant Chronicles universe, in which a reformed thief and the young leader of an outlaw dynasty lock wits in a battle that may cost them their lives—and their hearts.
When the patriarch of the Ballenger empire dies, his son, Jase, becomes its new leader. Even nearby kingdoms bow to the strength of this outlaw family, who have always governed by their own rules. But a new era looms on the horizon, set in motion by a young queen, which makes her the target of the dynasty's resentment and anger.
At the same time, Kazi, a legendary former street thief, is sent by the queen to investigate transgressions against the new settlements. When Kazi arrives in the forbidding land of the Ballengers, she learns that there is more to Jase than she thought. As unexpected events spiral out of their control, bringing them intimately together, they continue to play a cat and mouse game of false moves and motives in order to fulfill their own secret missions.


Ash's Pick: I need to read this NOW! 

The Girl You Thought I Was
The Girl You Thought I was by Rebecca Phillips
July 31st, 2018


No one looking at Morgan Kemper would think she had a secret-at least not one that she's deeply ashamed of. To everyone she meets, she comes across as sweet, pretty, and put together. But Morgan knows that looks can be deceiving. For over a year, she's shoplifted countless pieces of clothing and makeup. Each time she tells herself it will be the last, and each time it never is.
But when she's caught and sentenced to thirty hours of community service, the image Morgan has carefully constructed starts to crumble. She's determined to complete her punishment without her friends discovering the truth about her sticky fingers, but that's easier said than done...Especially once she meets Eli, the charming, handsome nephew of the owner of the charity shop where Morgan is volunteering. Soon, Morgan is faced with an impossible decision: continue to conceal the truth or admit that she's lied to everyone in her life, including the boy she's falling for.



10 comments:

  1. OOh nice! I loved Dance of Thieves! Cannot wait for its sequel! The other is new to me! Hope you both enjoy the lovely reads once you get a hold of them!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been seeing Dance of Thieves around! Great picks!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Girl You Thought I Was is new to me and looks SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently read The Girl You Thought I Was and enjoyed it a lot. I thought Phillips did a great job capturing the emotions associated with compulsive shoplifting, and the romance was fabulous too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are some fantastic picks. I haven't seen The Girl You Thought I Was before, but wow does it sound good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ThE GIRL YOU THOUGHT I WAS looks really good. I hadn't heard of it before, so thanks for the heads-up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have Dance of Thieves chosen for this week hehe! :P I hope you like them when you get the chance to read them!

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs