Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Teaser Tuesday: Numbers by Rachel Ward and Our Dark Stars by Audrey Grey and Krystal Wade

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Books and a Beat. Bloggers choose two

sentences out of our current read to peak others' curiosity.







Numbers (Numbers, #1)Numbers by Rachel Ward
 

Ever since she was child, Jem has kept a secret: Whenever she meets someone new, no matter who, as soon as she looks into their eyes, a number pops into her head. That number is a date: the date they will die. Burdened with such awful awareness, Jem avoids relationships. Until she meets Spider, another outsider, and takes a chance. The two plan a trip to the city. But while waiting to ride the Eye ferris wheel, Jem is terrified to see that all the other tourists in line flash the same number. Today's number. Today's date. Terrorists are going to attack London. Jem's world is about to explode!
Teaser:
"I'd always seen the numbers, for as long as I could remember. I thought everyone did. Walking down the street, if my eyes met someone else's there it would be, their number."

Ash's Thoughts:

This is another book I've had for what feels like forever, and everyone has read it and I'm just a bit behind.




Our Dark Stars
Our Dark Stars by Audrey Grey and Krystal Wade 
 



While she sleeps, the whole universe changes.

Princess Talia Starchaser has it all. Wealth. Status. Adoring citizens. But on the eve of her eighteenth birthday, she’s forced to publicly betray her best friend, a companion mock she’s had since birth, setting events into motion that lead to the destruction of the humans, and the princess floating through space, a remnant of a time when humans ruled over droids.

One hundred years later, half-mock captain Will Perrault and his ragtag crew discover a device floating in space. When a very human Talia emerges from its depths, Will suspects she’s the key to buying his way back into the regiment he once commanded against the last remaining rebel humans—and the ruling mock queen’s good graces.

Both Talia and Will would rather get space-tossed than trust one another, but with the queen’s forces chasing them across the galaxy and the fate of both worlds hanging in the balance, they’ll forge the unlikeliest of alliances to survive.

Teaser: 
In fact, after a few days, they all lost inerest in deciphering the coffin-shaped decice. It was just another of Will's screw ups. To be ignored, traded, or space-tossed. No one had decided yet which option was the best. 


Jenn's Thoughts:

I am not very far in this book at all. I mean like 10 percent in but already feeling kind of hooked. It's looking to be a winner. I hope I am right. I just love the cover. So gorgeous! 










5 comments:

  1. Wow, what a frightening and interesting power to have, especially for people who are destined to die young!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ash: I've read Numbers waaaay back. It was an odd read, but I liked it at the time. I may or may not have cried.

    Jenn: Oooh that cover is definitely super pretty, and I'm glad you're enjoying it so far!

    - Aimee @ Aimee, Always

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen people mentioning both of these books. Enjoy your reads. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely forgot about Numbers! I read it a long time ago. I remember enjoying it but not much else. Our Dark Stars looks really good. I'm loving the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOh interesting teasers! Both are new to me reads! Hope you are both enjoying your read!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs