Sunday, October 11, 2015

Jenn Vs. Ash : Halloween Watching



Ash: For the month of October I decided to watch a different horror/scary/thriller/zombie/etc movie/television show every night. Now I am working 10-7 currently so I'm extremely exhausted by the end of the night so I'm falling a bit behind.. but I've watched a few.

Here are the ones I've watched


Jenn: I have been hanging around to join in when I can. I haven't watched them all but I have watched a few with Ash.... 



Lizzie Borden Took an Ax

Description: The true story of Lizzie Borden, a young woman tried and acquitted in the 1892 murders of her father and stepmother.


Ash: What I thought:
this one was a bit slow, but it kept me wanting to watch more as well. I love the story of Lizzie Borden and I think Christina Ricci did an amazing job, as she usually does.

Jenn: I didn't watch this one... so no thoughts for me. I do wish I had watched this one though. I have a fascination with this story and have watched some true crime television episodes on this case. 





State of Emergency

Description: Chaos consumes a small town when a chemical facility explodes releasing a deadly toxin. Moments after the leak, the town's residents show signs of mutation, causing the military to quarantine the area leaving any survivors helpless and trapped inside. The story follows Jim, a young man isolated within the red zone, as he eludes flesh eating zombies in an attempt to win back his freedom.

Ash: 
What I thought: 
Different take on Zombie movies. They were faster, smarter, and seemed to be able to talk. I wouldn't say it's a movie I'll watch again, but it was quite interesting and I don't feel like it was a waste of time.

Jenn: I liked this one. I really enjoyed the different take on zombies and the atmosphere of the movie. It was not as zombie horror as I thought it would be more psychological horror/suspense. It was good . 




Before I go to sleep

Description: A woman wakes up every day, remembering nothing as a result of a traumatic accident in her past. One day, new terrifying truths emerge that force her to question everyone around her.

Ash : What I thought:
I really enjoyed this movie actually. It keeps you guessing the entire movie, great acting and over all a really great movie.

Jenn: I really liked this one too. It was very suspenseful. It was a bit freaky... and a bit twisted. I thought it was a great scary movie for our Halloween watch. 







Nightmare Before Christmas

Description: Jack Skellington, king of Halloween Town, discovers Christmas Town, but doesn't quite understand the concept.

Ash: What I thought:
One of my all time favorite movies. I've loved this movie for as long as I can remember. It's great from October 1st all the way through til Christmas!


Jenn: Well this one is nothing new to me. I have see it before and I enjoy it for a strange type of story. I am not a huge fan like Ash but I did enjoy it. 







Scream Queens 

Description: On the twentieth anniversary of a 1995 sorority pledge which went wrong, a college campus is rattled by a series of murders.

Ash: What I thought:
Not a movie, but still counts. This is my new favorite show and I think it's perfect for Halloween
Jenn: I am with Ash on this one. Love this show. It has taken me over and I think its the craziest, most demented, but addicting show I have seen a  very long time. It really does rock. (if you haven't checked this show out and like twisted yet funny... I mean hilarious dark comedy... watch it and yes the words will come out of your mouth "what did I just watch" but its so worth it.





                              
The Waking Deceased 

Description: When a police officer wakes up in a hospital to find out he is in the middle of a zombie apocalypse, he will do anything to find his family, even sacrifice Twitter.

Ash: What I thought:
Not a horror movie, but still hilarious, and it's zombies so it counts.. It's a horribly funny take on The Walking Dead, Warm Bodies, Zombieland, and Shaun of the Dead.

Jenn: Okay so I am normally not one to watch these.. but I am a huge Walking Dead fan... so I said sure why not. So stupid so funny so stupid but still enjoyable. 





The Cottage  

Description: When Chloe (Kristen Dalton) and Michael Carpenter rent out the cottage behind their house to charming romance novelist, Robert Mars (David Arquette) their American dream soon turns into a suburban nightmare.

Ash: What I thought:
I didn't watch this one, I fell asleep. But I still want to watch it.

Jenn:
I thought this movie was okay. It was creepy and twisted and did the job of giving me the chills while watching it. A little bit more than I was expecting. Definitely a great Halloween watch if you don't mind twisted. 






Fear the Walking DeadDescription: What did the world look like as it was transforming into the horrifying apocalypse depicted in "The Walking Dead"? This spin-off set in Los Angeles, following new characters as they face the beginning of the end of the world, will answer that question.

Ash:What I thought:
Now, we all know how much of a HUGE fan of Walking Dead I am. And when they announced this show I was equally as excited. You mean we get to see how the zombie apocalypse started!? You mean we get to have Walking Dead even during the summer!? This show started off kind of slow, but it had a lot of build up, unlike Walking Dead where we started in the middle of the apocalypse. It did get good in the end and I cannot wait until next year when the show comes back.



Jenn:

I am also a NUT for Walking Dead. So when they started talking about Fear the Walking Dead... I went nuts and fangirled all over the place. So we watched it. Last Sunday being the season Finale and it ROCKED MY SOCKS!!! Just as awesome as the The Walking Dead but so different it was even more awesome to have two shows that are equally awesome but so different that you can awesomely enjoy both equally.... 



And coming up tonight.. SEASON PREMIERE!!!!  THE WALKING DEAD!



 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE The Walking Dead. LOVE!!! I am going to be watching the new episode today! So excited! I also want to watch Before I Go to Sleep and Fear the Walking Dead. My husband and I are watching Scream Queens and it is pretty hilarious!

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs