Saturday, October 17, 2015

Ash's 24 hour readathon


It's readathon time! Yay!

Here are the books I've chosen
I might have a few other books to toss in there and I'm very sure I'm not going to get through all these. But a girl can dream right!?

If you want to see more updates from me follow me on Insta: 
https://instagram.com/ashmustache/

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
Well, I just finished cuckoo song.. which I was really hoping to finish. Aside from that I'm just looking forward to actually reading.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
I have a few.. I look forward to my coffee, and my tea.. Also I love chex mix, mnms, and my jalepeno munchies. I might even be able to sneak a monster in, if my mom doesn't notice. 
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I'm a single mom to a beautiful two year old. Jenn is my mom, obvs. And I'm a photographer. Most of those are known facts.. I'm also a HUGE zombie fan. Walking dead is my favorite and I love terrible B list movies. How's that for a little something?
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today?
Stay awake! I must! Also not get so distracted by having to post things that I don't get to reading...

Hour 2!
Mini challenge: Cover escape
Find a cover of a place you'd like to be:
I picked welcome to the Dark House because it has a carousel on the cover and I love carnivals


Hour 3!
Mini Challenge: Diversity Shelfie
Take a shelfie with a book that has diversity


Hour 4!
Readathon Kids Challenge!
We went to Barnes and Noble and had Finn pick out a couple books
So here's the ones we took


Hour 5!
The ugly cover pitch
Post a cover that you find "ugly" and explain why you think it's the best book ever
1370729
I really despise this cover. I don't know if it's because of the awful contrast (The photographer in me is cringing) or because it looks like an older lady to me and it's supposed to be a teenager, or the overall 90's feel of it. I cringe. I cringe hard.
But I love this book because of what it represents. It's a really great read if you're into the growing up and having "problems" type books. Which I used to be very much into, and I remember feeling so much when I read this book.
So yeah, it's a great read. 

Hour 6!
Top ten things I enjoy about the readathon
1) I actually GET to read. I don't have much time anymore.
2) SNACKS SNACKS AND SNACKS!
3) I fully enjoy doing the mini challenges and taking pictures of what I'm doing
4) Coffee and tea! I drink both to keep me going
5) It's super relaxing. There's almost nothing better than sitting around and reading.
6) Reading with Finn. I love that I can include him
7) Seeing all the awesome people cheering me on!
8) Did I mention I get to read all day!?
9) Snuggling and reading is awesome
10) Also uh.. reading?


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs