Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Teaser Tuesday #31 and Top Ten #21


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Should Be Reading. Bloggers choose two
sentences out of our current read to peak others' curiosity.



Black City (Black City, #1)

Black City by Elizabeth Richards 
November 13th 2012

I tear off a corner of paper from my notebook and scribble a note: 
I can't stop thinking about you.


A dark and tender post-apocalyptic love story set in the aftermath of a bloody war.

In a city where humans and Darklings are now separated by a high wall and tensions between the two races still simmer after a terrible war, sixteen-year-olds Ash Fisher, a half-blood Darkling, and Natalie Buchanan, a human and the daughter of the Emissary, meet and do the unthinkable—they fall in love. Bonded by a mysterious connection that causes Ash’s long-dormant heart to beat, Ash and Natalie first deny and then struggle to fight their forbidden feelings for each other, knowing if they’re caught, they’ll be executed—but their feelings are too strong.

When Ash and Natalie then find themselves at the center of a deadly conspiracy that threatens to pull the humans and Darklings back into war, they must make hard choices that could result in both their deaths.







Reaping me Softy by Kate Evangelista
October 30, 2012

Death sat at his desk wearing a scowl which could level a whole mountain range on his androgynous face. Not many thought of him as breathtaking.


  

Ever since a near-death-experience on the operating table, seventeen-year-old Arianne Wilson can see dead people. Just as she’s learned to accept her new-found talents, she discovers that the boy she’s had a crush on since freshman year, Niko Clark, is a Reaper.

At last they have something in common, but that doesn’t mean life is getting any easier. All while facing merciless bullying from the most powerful girl in school, Arianne’s world is turned upside down after Niko accidentally reaps the soul of someone she loves. This sends them both into a spiral that threatens to end Arianne’s life. But will Niko break his own Reaper’s code to save her? And what would the consequences be if he did? 



Top Ten is an original feature/weekly meme created here at
The Broke and the Bookish that features a great bookish top ten every week.



My Top Ten Favorite Kick-Ass Heroines

1. Katniss from Hunger Games 2. Katsa from Graceling 
2. Katsa from Graceling
3. Evanjalin from Finnikin of the Rock
4. Yelena from Poison Study
5. Alice from Alice in Zombieland
6. Rose from Vampire's Academy
7. Aya from Carnival of Souls
8. Kai from Every Other Day
9. Dez from Destiny's Fire
10. Xanra from God Save the Queen

Finnikin of the Rock (Lumatere Chronicles #1)
Poison Study (Study, #1)Alice in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles, #1)Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1)Carnival of SoulsEvery Other DayDestiny's Fire (Kythan Guardians, #1)God Save the Queen (The Immortal Empire, #1)







10 comments:

  1. LOVE the teasers! I can't wait to get Black City, and Reaping Me Softly sounds rather fun! :D I also love your picks for kick-ass heroines! I really need to get to Finnikin. I've had the book FOREVER but haven't made time for it. I know, I know...it's perfect for me. Maybe I'll add that one to the holiday catch-up pile. At this rate, though, I'm going to need a pile to catch up from the holiday catch up I plan on doing. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOoh both are incredible teases! So looking forward to reading Black City in a few weeks!!

    Thanks for visiting my teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you put Graceling on there! A lot of those books I still need to read. Also the books in your Teaser Tuesday look awesome! Can't wait to read both :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh Black City! I'm excited to read that one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely can't have a list of kick-ass characters without Rose. Also Ismae from Grave Mercy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I really need to read Poison Study, Alice in Zombieland, and Finnikin of the Rock. I've only read THG & Graceling from your list, and totally agree that Katniss & Katsa are totally badass babes. Great list, Jenn! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great teasers, love the Black City one. Have it on my wishlist and can't wait to get it. Thanks for stopping by my TT.

    Katie
    Turner's Antics

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice teaser. I haven't had a chance to read Black City but I'm really looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Of course Katniss! I have Black City but I haven't had a chance to get to it yet but I hope to before it's release date.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm SO excited for Black City! Great list too, Katniss is awesome. Most of the rest of your list is from books sitting on top of my reading pile! lol anyways thanks for sharing and for stopping by my TTT :)

    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs