Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I DNF'd Too Quickly

Top Ten is an original feature/weekly meme originally created by The Broke and the Bookish and is now hosted by The Artsy Reader Girl that features a great bookish top ten every week.

This week's TTT is books I DNF'd too quickly.


Ash- 
So I don't regret any of the books I decided to DNF. So I'm going to post the top ones that I DNF'd the quickest. Meaning, I barely got into the book and said nope. But also I don't have many that I would 100% decide I cannot do this. Most that I tried on kindle or reading the physical I would try to listen to the audio. But there are some that I will never pick up again.

1.)  I tried so hard with this book. It sounded interesting and I wanted to like it. But after 10 pages of me struggling with trying to read their names, I said nope. I couldn't. I would focus way too much on trying to read the names than following the story. 

Unquiet Dead (CHIAROSCURO CHRONICLES, #1)

2.) This was an audio one. I got a couple chapters (So maybe an hour) into this one and it was so slow I just couldn't. 

Pandora: Outbreak (A Pandora Thriller #1)

3.) Another audio. I listened for maybe half an hour to an hour and it held no interest for me. It was slow. 

My Name Is Rapunzel

4.) This was an ARC I got to review, and I had tried for maybe two weeks to try to finish this one, never getting past the first like 10 pages. 

The Missing Hours

5.) I got like 1/3 of the way through this and I just had no desire to finish it. According to Jenn, I stopped right before things got interesting, but I just had no care to ever find out what happened.

Out of the Easy

6.) Another review book. I started this one and I started getting an icky feeling while reading it. So I decided it wasn't for me.

The Cuckoo Wood

7.) I was so excited for this one! I wanted so desperately to love it. But it was just too slow and too weird. I felt like it was going nowhere.

The Lucky Ones

8.) I had been seeing this book everywhere, for so long. I wanted to read it because it seemed like half the world had. And I was curious, it sounded good. But I could not get past how bad the main character was. She was annoying and so "poor poor me" that I wanted it to just stop. So I stopped.

Numbers (Numbers, #1)

9.) I felt the same with this one like it was going nowhere and the main character bugged me.

Dark Eyes (Dark Eyes, #1)

10.) Yay, another vampire book. I thought I'd love it. I didn't. Couldn't finish.

Risen (Blood Eternal, #1)

Jenn-


I don't think I have any that I would never ever try again. I don't normally decide to not read a book I was interested in because sometimes I am just not in the mood. So here is a list of books I originally put down, couldn't get into, but later picked them up and enjoyed them. 

Let's Get LostGod Save the Queen (The Immortal Empire, #1)This Is Our StoryHow to Hang a Witch (How to Hang a Witch, #1)The Shadow Queen (Ravenspire, #1)City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)Falling Kingdoms (Falling Kingdoms, #1)Vengeance Road (Vengeance Road, #1)Vivian Apple at the End of the World (Vivian Apple, #1)The Farm (The Farm, #1)








11 comments:

  1. Ditto on both Out of the Easy and City of Bones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you ended up enjoying the books at the bottom of your list! :-) Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Shadow Queen made my list as well! Falling Kingdoms is one I also DNF'd, but I don't think I'll try it again--though I'm glad you ended up enjoying it! I've been interested in Out of the Easy from the first list, but I've yet to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is why I have a problem DNFing- because I think about DNFing but keep reading, then I end up with a bunch like your bottom part where I like them and DNFing would have been a mistake! So... now I just made myself read stuff even though 90% of the time DNFing would have been the better choice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vengeance Road really surprised me. It is not my kind of book at all, but I ended up really enjoying it and wouldn't mind picking up something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad to see How to Hang a Witch on your list. I started and stopped that one a while back. After seeing your comment, maybe I'll give it another try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've only read City of bones from this list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Risen is one that has been popping up a lot as a "recommended for me" title. But another YA vampire series... I just don't think I want to go there. I really enjoyed City of Bones, and the rest of The Mortal Instruments series.
    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books
    http://girlplusbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, it's so annoying when a book gives you an icky feeling. I don't blame you for stopping at that point. I would've done the same thing.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thanks for stopping by earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Numbers was an annoying book for me too. I also DNFed God Save The Queen and City of Bones.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've not tried any of these books, except for City of Bones (and I still don't like it!) But now they won't make it onto my tbr haha! Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier!

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs