Monday, June 18, 2018

Bookish Banter: Goodreads Is My Life!

A little Bookish Banter to get us through.  Bookish Banter is a little bit of banter about our bookish thoughts as we have a friendly discussion over a nice cup of tea. 

Goodreads, it's an obsession, a lifeline, it's my social media of choice. What does Goodreads mean to you?

Ash- 
Oh yes, goodreads. I'm pretty sure I spend most of my day at least bringing the app up on my phone. Either looking up a book, checking up on the challenge, or updating my currently reading.

I use goodreads to keep track of what I read, because when we do the weekly wrap up, I don't remember exactly what I read that week. Sometimes I think I read so much that week and whomp whomp it turns out that I read it the week before and I really only read one book that week.
That always makes me sad. 

But I also use it to help me figure out what books I want to read, it's so useful to find new books, and I love all the lists. 

Listopia is a beautiful place. It helps me not only find new books, but also helps me with my blogging. I want to do a cover up and I want to focus on one type of cover? Look it up on listopia. 
I need to find books similar to the one I'm reviewing? Look it up on listopia. 

Another great thing about goodreads is that you can make friends on there. I have used it to contact fellow bloggers for features, to reach authors about interviews, and to find new people to talk bookish things about.

And let's talk about that organization. I have a million shelves. Read, to be read, currently reading, DNF. I have shelves for each of the reading challenges to keep track of what I'm reading for them. I also have ones for horror, zombies, fantasy, paranormal, etc. I mean I have a million shelves. 

So all around, goodreads is an amazing thing. And if you're a reader and you don't have one. You need it asap.


Jenn-

Okay, so I am attached to Goodreads like its one of my body parts. I love Goodreads and I don't think I could function without it. Really I could not. I am on Goodreads at least 2 to 3 times an hour every day. I use it like most people use their social media. I go on there to see friend's updates and reviews. I go on there to discover new reads. I use Goodreads to tell me what I am reading now, will be reading, and have read. I use it to organize my books and my reads. I use it to make friends. I use it for challenges. I use it for anything book related. First thing I do when I hear about or see a book anywhere.... pull it up on Goodreads. I am at Barnes and Noble's and I see a fun book on the shelf... I pull up Goodreads to find the star rating, read reviews, see when it was published and check out the author info. Goodreads is my life!

I ask everyone I meet... Do you use Goodreads? Oh, what is Goodreads... let me tell you, better yet, let me show you. 


Image result for let me show you gif


I really do wish my Goodreads was more organzied though. Ash is better at this than I am. Mine is a mess. I try to keep it organized but too many books not enough time. Also organizing by genre which I would love to do, confuses me because sometimes well more often than not, books can be organized by multiple genres. I hate this. So for me the shelves I use the most. 

Currently reading
Read 
To Read- yes these are the most obvious. 

Netgalley and ARC - I always add the review books I get. This way when I need to pick out a book I can sort by date and read the next one coming out.

Challenge (season) - this is for the current season challenge books to read. 
Challenge (season) read - self-explanatory I think. 


So really I have lots of shelves but have a hard time keeping up on them all. If anything I would love to do the to read by genre and also the series I am currently reading and the ones I have finished. I lose my series all the time and then have to re-read to catch up on the series. I need a shelf to keep me in touch with the series I am reading. 

Finding the time to organize them all is difficult. I should just pay Ash to do it! She loves to organize 




So are you on Goodreads? How often do you use Goodreads? How much do you love Goodreads?

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE Goodreads. It's my homepage - I can probably just leave it at that.
    I also wish GR had more sorting capability. I'd love to be able to filter books by publication date, genre, author, a million other categories. That would make it perfection.
    Jen Ryland Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes I agree, I love goodreads as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use Goodreads all the time. Some of my friends who are into reading and don't really blog even use it because I talked them into it!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm on Goodreads all the time, I love to see what everyone is reading or check out reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I would shrivel up and die without Goodreads. I have a terrible memory and need it to remember what I read. I have spreadsheets, but Goodreads is much better and more interactive than those.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to sort a lot of my Goodreads shelves-get every book correctly marked for the right genres, delete shelves I no longer need...I know that is going to take many days to sort and I just don't want to do it! But I do like my time on Goodreads each day! I couldn't keep track of all my books if I didn't have it. I wish I had more time to spend on it.

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs