Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Teaser Tuesday #90 and Top Ten Tuesday #80



Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Should Be Reading. Bloggers choose two
sentences out of our current read to peak others' curiosity.


Avalon (Avalon, #1)Teaser: 

Celeste dropped her hand to her side. "You are such a killjoy."
Turning on the charm, Jeth winked at her. "That's why I'm the boss, sweetheart."

Avalon by Mindee Arnett

  
  
        


A ragtag group of teenage mercenaries who crew the spaceship Avalon stumble upon a conspiracy that could threaten the entire galaxy in this fascinating and fast-paced sci-fi adventure from author Mindee Arnett.

Of the various star systems that make up the Confederation, most lie thousands of light-years from First Earth-and out here, no one is free. The agencies that govern the Confederation are as corrupt as the crime bosses who patrol it, and power is held by anyone with enough greed and ruthlessness to claim it. That power is derived from one thing: metatech, the devices that allow people to travel great distances faster than the speed of light.

Jeth Seagrave and his crew of teenage mercenaries have survived in this world by stealing unsecured metatech, and they're damn good at it. Jeth doesn't care about the politics or the law; all he cares about is earning enough money to buy back his parents' ship, Avalon, from his crime-boss employer and getting himself and his sister, Lizzie, the heck out of Dodge. But when Jeth finds himself in possession of information that both the crime bosses and the government are willing to kill for, he is going to have to ask himself how far he'll go to get the freedom he's wanted for so long.








Top Ten is an original feature/weekly meme created here at
The Broke and the Bookish that features a great bookish top ten every week.




My Top Ten 
2014 Debuts I'm Excited For: 
There is really too many to choose from but here are the ones that came to mind fist.



The Murder Complex (The Murder Complex, #1)Cruel BeautyHalf Bad (Half Life, #1)
Camelot Burning (Metal & Lace, #1)SalvageA Mad, Wicked FollySide Effects May Vary
IllusiveAll That GlowsLove Letters to the Dead


7 comments:

  1. Can't wait for Love Letters to the Dead. A story told through letters to dead rock stars sounds SO interesting!! Side Effects May Vary is also going on my TBR for this year. Cool list :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh nice! Seeing tons of Cruel Beauty today! So cannot wait for that one either! Your other picks look pretty cool too!

    And nice teaser!!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cannot wait to read Side Effects May Vary! It sounds so intriguing!

    AmandaEmma @ Little Miss Reader
    my TTT: http://little-missreader.blogspot.dk/2014/01/top-ten-tuesday-teaser-tuesday_14.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I took this assignment in a bit of a different direction and listed debuting series, not necessarily debuting authors. My list is totally different from everyone else's. LOL. But, I'm finding out about some of the cool debut authors from you all, so that's awesome!

    TTT @ Krista's Dust Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  5. Salvage sounds great! I don't read too many fantasy books, but I definitely want to read that one. I'm also super excited for Side Effects May Vary (The cover for that is so cute.) Awesome picks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the teaser. I am starting this today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list! I'm so excited for so many of these and a few made my list too. Love Letters to the Dead and Side Effects May Vary are the two I am most looking forward to reading, they both look so good! There seems to be so many good books coming out in 2014, I'm not sure where I'll find the time to read them all. I hope you get to all of your picks :) My TTT.

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs