Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Readathon: Bout of Books 9.0 Wednesday Challenge



Bout of Books
 Bout of Books Read-a-Thon
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 6th and runs through Sunday, January 12th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 9.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team


Challenge - Reading Introduce your favorite Genre hosted by DoingDewey


My recent favorite genre, one that is has come around and back again is Suspense Thriller or Mystery Thriller, or Psychological Thriller. I believe they all belong together. For a while I didn't get my fill of this great genre because I read YA and there wasn't a huge market in YA. When I was teen in the 90's, there were what seemed like a ton. Christopher Pike was my favorite. Then I grew up and stopped reading YA, which back then was not a huge market at all. Started read some adult books, Iris Johansen, Dean Koontz, and John Saul, but it wasn't quite the same. A little too much for my innocent mind. So YA came back to the market and became huge. I started to read YA paranormal and urban fantasy. It flooded the bookstores. Well I then discovered YA historical fiction, dystopian, and even high fantasy and I love them all but I still missed my thrillers and such ... Finally in the past year they seemed to become the new thing in YA. I am so happy. Although I don't get quite the same feeling as I did when I was 14... grew up just a little... there is enough out there to really get me going. The darker the better, the creepier the better, the jumpier the better. Some of my favorites are..... 

I Hunt Killers (Jasper Dent, #1)The Naturals (The Naturals, #1)All the Truth That's in MeAll Our Yesterdays (All Our Yesterdays #1)Stained

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs