Sunday, March 3, 2019

Weekly Wrap Up: February 24th-March 2nd

 
Weekly Wrap-Up 
February 24th-March 2nd
This week on our blog:






This Week Coming Up:

Reviews:
Wee Reads Reviews:

Octopus Escapes by Nathaniel Lachenmeyer


Other Random Posts:
Cover Up! Recent Reads #11
Board Game Break Time: Climate: Evolution 
Bookish Banter: Books You are Ashamed of Not Reading
Jenn Vs. Ash 2019 Challenge Update


Jenn's week:  

Nothing really interesting happened to me this week. Didn't even play many games. I did get a few in. I did enjoy a wonderful girls night with Ash and some good girlfriends. Luxurious pedicures, great Italian Food, and lots of laughs. 



Books finished: 

Dead as a Doornail (Sookie Stackhouse, #5)Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2)The Pioneer (The Pioneer, #1)










Books Coming Up (hopefully) : 



The Walking Dead, Vol. 1: Days Gone ByeFables, Vol. 1: Legends in ExileEverlife (Everlife #3)Deserts, Driving, & Derelicts (A Camper & Criminals Cozy #2)Vision in Silver (The Others, #3)Field Notes on LoveNever Fade (The Darkest Minds, #2)Meet Me in Outer SpaceIntertwined (Intertwined, #1)Runaways, Vol. 2:  Teenage Wasteland (Runaways, #2)The Pajama Frame (A Madison Night Mystery Book 5)Fire with Fire (Burn for Burn, #2)




Games Played: 









Ash's week


I didn't read much this week. Yuck.
I was picking my best friend up from work and taking her places, and it kind of threw everything off.


We had a girls day with wine, snacks, and movies. It was fun. And then we went and got pedicures. 







That was the best part of the week to be honest. The rest was just... a week.

Also, I dyed my hair purple. Pictures to come.

This week I watched...


I'm still watching One Tree Hill. I only have 2 and a half seasons left. And we also started watching Masked Singer. We still need to watch the finale. I swear the peacock is Neil Patrick Harris. So we'll find out.



One Tree Hill PosterThe Masked Singer Poster


Ralph Breaks the Internet Poster
Ralph Breaks the Internet
Release date: November 21st, 2018
Starring: John C. Reilly, Sarah Silverman 
What it's about:
Six years after the events of "Wreck-It Ralph," Ralph and Vanellope, now friends, discover a wi-fi router in their arcade, leading them into a new adventure.

What I thought:

Of course we loved the first movie. And this one definitely did not disappoint. It had us cracking up and had a great story as well.


P.S. I Love You Poster
P.S. I Love You
Release date: December 21st, 2007
Starring: Hilary Swank, Gerard Butler, Lisa Kudrow
What it's about:
A young widow discovers that her late husband has left her 10 messages intended to help ease her pain and start a new life.

What I thought:
God this movie makes me cry. WHY DO I DO THIS TO MYSELF!? Of course it was a great movie, and very sad. So very sad.



Hitch Poster
Hitch
Release date: February 11th, 2005
Starring: Will Smith, Eva Mendes, Kevin James
What it's about:
While helping his latest client woo the fine lady of his dreams, a professional "date doctor" finds that his game doesn't quite work on the gossip columnist with whom he's smitten.


What I thought:
This movie is great, it's funny, sweet, and of course a great Rom-Com.




Ash's Audio: 
Comics Will Break Your HeartA Danger to Herself and OthersThe Art of Losing

Ash's Books:
The Walking Dead: Here's Negan!Snotgirl, Vol. 1: Green Hair Don't CareRevival, Vol. 3: A Faraway Place

What Ash wants to read and listen to this week:
The School for Good and Evil (The School for Good and Evil, #1)SpectacleAlice in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles, #1)Through the Zombie Glass (White Rabbit Chronicles, #2)Paper Girls, Vol. 1 (Paper Girls, #1)iZombie, Vol. 1: Dead to the WorldI'm Not MissingDaddy Darkest (Doctors of Darkness, #1)The Boyfriend App (App, #1)Rayne & Delilah's Midnite MatineeFangirlInjection, Vol. 1 (Injection, #1)Outcast, Vol. 1: A Darkness Surrounds HimThe Woods, Vol. 1: The Arrow










1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous of your girls day, Ash. Wine, movies, pedicures... sounds like a perfect day! :)
    I see Unravel in Jenn's list. I have Restore Me being delivered tomorrow (I was waiting for it to be released in paperback) and I can't wait to dive back in to the Shatter Me world.

    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs