Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Review: Stray by Rachel Vincent

Stray (Shifters, #1)
Title: Stray
Author: Rachel Vincent
Publisher: Mira
Publishing Date: February 1st 2009
Pages: 618
Genre: Paranormal
Series: Shifters #1
Source: Mass Paperback

Goodreads Summary:

I look like an all-American grad student. But I am a werecat, a shape-shifter, and I live in two worlds.

Despite reservations from my family and my Pride, I escaped the pressure to continue my species and carved out a normal life for myself. Until the night a Stray attacked.

I'd been warned about Strays--werecats without a Pride--constantly on the lookout for someone like me: attractive, female and fertile. I fought him off, but then learned two of my fellow tabbies had disappeared.

This brush with danger was all my Pride needed to summon me back...for my own protection. Yeah, right. But I'm no meek kitty. I'll take on whatever--and whoever--I have to in order to find my friends. Watch out, Strays--'cause I got claws, and I'm not afraid to use them....

Review:

I very rarely read adult books but I have read some of the authors YA series Soul Screamers and since the book looked good, decided to give it a try.

Rachel Vincent trapped me again in an amazing world of the paranormal. Werewolves are a thing of the past, werecats are taking a stand.

The story is about a girl, Faythe, who is a shifter, a werecat shifter. She is 23 years old and has escaped the pride life by attending college and has not seen or spoken to her pride in 4 years. Trying as hard as she can to liver her own life and escape the life that was set before her without her approval. She has a roommate, a boyfriend, and has plans to attend graduate school. All her plans change when a couple of stray werecats start killing human girls and pride girls are disappearing. Faythe is summoned back home, back to the pride life, back to the rules, and back to two tom cats that want her full attention. What she didn’t plan to find at home is a heap of trouble she lands herself in.

Faythe is an amazing kick butt heroine that I want to have on my side. She doesn’t run from danger or hide from danger, in fact she embraces it. She knows her strengths and knows how to use them. There isn’t time for whining or time for waiting on the men to save her, it’s all her and she knows she can handle it. The other main characters are just as loveable. We have two love interests. Yes I know, always two. I myself could not choose who I would want and Faythe is having the same trouble. We have Jace who is the fun rule breaking hot boy and we have Mark, the strong, protective hot guy and she has a past with both. Why choose when you can have fun with both right?

The story is fast paced and action filled, 618 pages went very quickly. It seems when one problem was solved, another one is forced upon Faythe. She is always finding trouble. I loved this book and cannot wait to read on in the series.

Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs