Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Review: Bad Blood by Mari Mancusi


Bad Blood (Blood Coven Vampire, #4)
Title: Bad Blood
Author: Mari Mancusi
Publisher: 
 Berkley Trade
Publishing Date: January 5th 2010
Pages: 256
Genre:  YA Paranormal Romance
Series: Blood Coven #4
Source: Paperback

  



Sunny McDonald is in the ultimate forbidden relationship. Her boyfriend Magnus is a vampire, and the leader of the Blood Coven. And when the Coven decides that Magnus needs a mate to be his co-ruler, Sunny's humanity puts her out of the running. The Coven's chosen candidate is Jane Johnson, a magna cum laude graduate of Oxford University who just happens to look like a vampiric supermodel.

Sunny is suspicious of a Rhodes Scholar who can't answer the most basic poli-sci questions, but Magnus brushes it off as petty jealousy. Still, when the Blood Coven goes to Las Vegas for a vampire convention, Sunny and her twin sister Rayne secretly tag along. And Sunny's not going home before she learns the truth about Jane. Because not everything stays in Vegas-especially bad blood.





I am getting close to the end of the series. Ok halfway through anyways. Another good one is check off my list. This installment takes place in Vegas and is a lot of fun, we have jealousy, surprises, and of course some funny business going on and Sunny and Rayne’s life just keeps getting more and more complicated.




Magnus heads to Vegas to a vampire convention (teehee) and his new candidate for co-ruler, Jane, tags along, things get a little complicated. Sunny has a jealous side that she has kept hidden pretty well. Sunny feels there is something strange about Jane. She doesn’t seem to be on the up and up and this is cause for some action so she and Rayne decided to take a trip to Vegas to spy, I mean visit their father. In Vegas they get way more than they bargained for as secrets and more secrets are revealed.




I feel like my reviews for this series just keep getting shorter but it seems that there isn’t much to say beyond giving the book away that I have not already said in my previous reviews. These book are way fun and I love them. I can’t help it.

The author’s writing style remains steady, the plot keeps thickening, we meet new characters and revisit old ones, and the book ends on a cliffhanger that totally made my draw drop.

This installment was a bit slower for me than the rest and I can’t really place my finger on why. I love the setting, Vegas is always fun. I loved all the secrets and finding out more about the girls’ father. It was crazy to see Sunny in such a fit over Magnus having a co-ruler. It would have made everything easier if Sunny had stayed a vampire, but the complications are what keep the stories interesting.

Rayne was up to her mood swings full blast in this book. She didn’t like the truth about her father one bit and she was not afraid to show it. She did find ways to occupy her time and to get into a little bit of trouble along the way though. Same old Rayne for sure.

I enjoyed the book very much but it did feel like a bit of a build up book for the next installment. This one read a bit on the slow side for me compared to the other books. I definitely see a bigger story brewing and can’t wait to find out more.




Of course I loved it and will keep on reading this series.







No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs