Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Teaser Tuesday #32 and Top Ten Tuesday #22


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Should Be Reading. Bloggers choose two
sentences out of our current read to peak others' curiosity.


Luminosity (The Raven Chronicles, #1)Luminosity by Stephanie Thomas 


 




My name is Beatrice. When I was born, I was blessed with the Sight. I was immediately removed from my parents and enrolled in the Institution. At the age of twelve, I had my first true vision, earning my raven’s wings. And when I turned seventeen, one of my visions came true. Things haven’t been the same since.

The Institution depends on me to keep the City safe from our enemy, the Dreamcatchers, but I’m finding it harder to do while keeping a secret from everyone, including my best friend Gabe. It is a secret that could put us all in danger. A secret that could kill me and everyone close to me.

But the enemy has been coming to me in my dreams, and I think I’m falling in love with him. He says they’re coming. He says they’re angry. And I think I’ve already helped them win.                              
                                                                                                                     

Teaser:

"When it is over, I can still hear it. Someone calls my name over and over again. The from the vision."



What Happens NextWhat Happens Next by Colleen Clayton

                               


How can you talk about something you can’t remember?

Before the ski trip, sixteen-year-old Cassidy “Sid” Murphy was a cheerleader (at the bottom of the pyramid, but still...), a straight-A student, and a member of a solid trio of best friends. When she ends up on a ski lift next to handsome local college boy, Dax Windsor, she’s thrilled; but Dax takes everything from Sid—including a lock of her perfect red curls—and she can’t remember any of it.

Back home and unable to relate to her old friends, Sid drops her college prep classes and takes up residence in the A/V room with only Corey “The Living Stoner” Livingston for company. But as she gets to know Corey (slacker, baker, total dreamboat), Sid finds someone who truly makes her happy. Now, if she can just shake the nightmares and those few extra pounds, everything will be perfect... or so she thinks.

Teaser:
We are no longer Former Cheerleader Turned Gingerbitch Slut and Drug Dealer Turned AV Shop Rat. Now, we are Sid and Corey, official human beings, guests of farewell pastry party, breaking bread, and In This Now. 


Top Ten is an original feature/weekly meme created here at
The Broke and the Bookish that features a great bookish top ten every week.



Here are the top ten books I’ve been dying to read but haven’t bought for myself yet, so... they are on my Christmas list. 

Lovely, Dark and DeepThe Suburban StrangeLucid
Something Strange and Deadly (Something Strange and Deadly, #1)Slated (Slated, #1)Pretty AmyTen Unspoken (The Lynburn Legacy, #1)Breathe (Breathe, #1)The Lost Girl


10 comments:

  1. Loved those teasers! And that list is great. I'm a huge fan of Something Strange & Deadly!

    My TT

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  2. The teasers both sound really good, and I still NEED to read Breathe and The Lost Girl! I love your buttons btw! Very original to use your own pictures :)

    Judith @ Paper Riot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh nice teases! Haven't heard of these reads. Your Top 10 are all pretty new to me. I have heard of a few of them. Hope Santa comes through for you! ;)

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucid, something strange & deadly, Slated and Ten :D Great picks!

    TTT@thedailyprophecy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Something Strange and Deadly looks lovely - I've been meaning to buy it myself but just haven't picked it up.
    Top Ten Tuesday @ the Brunette Librarian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you're enjoying What Happens Next! :) Also, you must, you absolutely MUST read Unspoken! It was one of my favorite books this year. I just love Sarah Rees Brennan's writing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great teasers, What Happens Next sounds great. Please come by and check out My Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVED Slated! Hope you enjoy it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG what Happens Next is so good and that teaser is AWESOME. I hope you love it just as much as I did. I wish I was reading it for the first time.

    Also Ten is so good and I really need to get around to reading Lucid as well, I hear such wonderful things.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to read a lot of these! Good list!

    My TTT: http://blueskyshelf.blogspot.com/2012/11/top-ten-tuesday-fictional-crushes.html

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs