Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Waiting on Wednesday: A Danger to Herself and Others by Alyssa Sheinmel and Honor Bound by Rachel Caine



Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Jenn's Pick: I Can't wait to have my hands on this!

Honor Bound (The Honors, #2)
Honor Bound by Rachel Caine 
February 19th, 2019
Zara Cole was a thief back on Earth, but she’s been recently upgraded to intergalactic fugitive. On the run after a bloody battle in a covert war that she never expected to be fighting, Zara, her co-pilot Beatriz, and their Leviathan ship Nadim barely escaped the carnage with their lives. Now Zara and her crew of Honors need a safe haven, far from the creatures who want to annihilate them. But with two wounded Leviathan to treat, plus human and non-human refugees to help, they’ll have to settle for the nearest outpost, called the Sliver: a wild, dangerous warren of alien criminals. Zara’s skills from the Zone may be invaluable. However, Zara discovers that the secrets of the Sliver may have the power to turn the tide of the war they left behind—but in the wrong direction. Soon Zara will have to make a choice: stand against the ultimate evil or run from it. But she’s never walked away from a fight.
Honor Bound is the second installment in Rachel Caine and Ann Aguirre’s thrilling and fresh space saga



Ash's Pick: I need to read this NOW! 

A Danger to Herself and Others
A Danger to Herself and Others by Alyssa Sheinmel 
February 5th, 2019

Only when she’s locked away does the truth begin to escape…

Four walls. One window. No way to escape. Hannah knows there's been a mistake. She didn't need to be institutionalized. What happened to her roommate at her summer program was an accident. As soon as the doctors and judge figure out that she isn't a danger to herself or others, she can go home to start her senior year. In the meantime, she is going to use her persuasive skills to get the staff on her side.
Then Lucy arrives. Lucy has her own baggage. And she may be the only person who can get Hannah to confront the dangerous games and secrets that landed her in confinement in the first place.






8 comments:

  1. OMG, I want both of these - I did not know that Honor Bound was coming out in February. Oh, I might have to pre-order it. I hope you get a chance to read both of these!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both new to me! I am adding both to my TBR because they sound fantastic. Thanks so much for sharing them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Danger To Herself and Others looks interesting! I hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of these are new to me! I hope you both enjoy reading your picks this week!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are new to me ones! Keep debating abot Rachel & Ann's new series. Hope these become fast faves!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Honor Bound looks like something I'd like- I've been enjoying science fiction lately and I thought the first book in that series looked good as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are new to me - hope you both enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just reviewed Danger today. I liked it. I think Sheinmel always does a good job with mental health issues and unreliable narrators. There was tension and build and the unraveling was done well.

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs