Saturday, July 30, 2016

Review: The Dead Girls of Hysteria Hall by Katie Alender

The Dead Girls of Hysteria Hall
Title: The Dead Girls of Hysteria Hall
Author: Katie Alender
Publisher: Point
Publishing Date: August 25th 2015
Pages: 344
Genre: YA  Paranormal Mystery Thriller
Series: Stand Alone
Source: Hardcover

 

In this asylum, your mind plays tricks on you all the time…
Delia’s new house isn’t just a house. Long ago, it was the Piven Institute for the Care and Correction of Troubled Females—an insane asylum nicknamed “Hysteria Hall.” However, many of the inmates were not insane, just defiant and strong willed. Kind of like Delia herself.
But the house still wants to keep “troubled” girls locked away. So, in the most horrifying way, Delia gets trapped.
And that’s when she learns that the house is also haunted.
Ghost girls wander the halls in their old-fashioned nightgowns. A handsome ghost boy named Theo roams the grounds. Delia finds that all the spirits are unsettled and full of dark secrets. The house, as well, harbors shocking truths within its walls—truths that only Delia can uncover, and that may set her free.
But she’ll need to act quickly, before the house’s power overtakes everything she loves.
From master of suspense Katie Alender comes a riveting tale of twisted memories and betrayals, and the meaning of madness.





A teenage girl goes to visit her recently passed aunt's house, where ghosts roam. 





What made me pick this book up?

A few things really. I love the author. I've read both bad girls don't books and they were fantastic. I also love anything creepy/horror/ghost, etc. So the fact that she's an amazing author and this book sounded like my cup of tea. I instantly wanted to read it.



What do I like about the cover?

Basically everything. I love the darkness of it. I love the red color pop (I'm a huge fan of color pop) I love how the female looks faded out. I also really like how the words look like blood. It just gives off a very creepy feeling. Fits the book well.


What made me read it?

As I mentioned above. The author is amazing. I love creepy. The end.



What did I like the most?

Oh ,what didn't I like, I'm going, to be honest, it's been a minute since I read this book, and I'm just now getting to the review because I'm awful. So I'm trying really hard to remember what stuck out to me because the entire book was just blastfully amazing. (I just made up that word, but I'm going to start using it now) I think I really liked the different characters and how the ghosts are from different times and they are written wonderfully.



Like I said, this book is amazing. The author is amazing. I absolutely loved it, I couldn't put it down and it's just amazing. I definitely think anyone who likes ghosts/creepy things should read this book. And I hope to read more from her soon.






Asylum (Asylum, #1)The Name of the Star (Shades of London, #1)The Ghost Files (The Ghost Files, #1)






Katie Alender
 
Katie Alender (rhymes with “calendar”!) grew up in South Florida. She is the third of four children (three girls and a boy) and the child of three very loving and encouraging parents.

She attended high school at the Palm Beach County School of the Arts, studying Communication Arts. From there, she went on to the Florida State University Film School, which led her to her current hometown, a tiny hamlet on the West Coast known as “Los Angeles.”

She enjoys writing, reading, sewing (especially quilts), gardening, photography, and hanging out with her husband, her daughter, and her dogs, Scooter and Frodo.

Her first brush with publication was the article “So You Want to Live On Mars?” published in Sassy magazine in December 1991.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs