Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Teaser Tuesday #111 and Top Ten Tuesday #101


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Should Be Reading. Bloggers choose two
sentences out of our current read to peak others' curiosity.



Blackfin Sky
Blackfin Sky by Kat Ellis

                                 


Just like any other morning, Skylar Rousseau is late for school, but when she is greeted by a blanket of silent stares upon entering Blackfin High, she discovers that the whole town thought she fell from the pier and drowned on her sixteenth birthday three months earlier. However, Sky remembers the last three months living her life as normal, and since she is a full, living breathing human being, she has no idea whose body is buried underneath her tombstone. Everyone seems reluctant to help except her steadfast friend and crush, Sean . . . and a secretive man who draws her to a mysterious circus in the woods.
Sky must wade through impossibilities and lies to discover the truth about what happened to her, which proves to be a bit difficult when someone is following her every move with the intent to harm her. And Sky’s only hope of finding the answers she seeks may have already been turned to ashes.

Teaser:

Sky carried on down the center of the pier until she reached the wooden railing at the end. The rail reached her chest when she leaned against it, looking out over the flat dark water. 





Top Ten is an original feature/weekly meme created here at
The Broke and the Bookish that features a great bookish top ten every week.


This weeks topic is top ten classics. I am horrible have not read many classics. Not even in high school so these are the classics I would like to read someday.. and the ones I have read and loved. 

Top Five Classics I Need to Read:

To Kill a MockingbirdCharlie and the Chocolate Factory (Charlie Bucket, #1)The Complete Sherlock HolmesFrankensteinBrave New World

Top Five I Classics I have Read and Loved:

Fahrenheit 451The Hobbit (Middle-Earth Universe)Where the Red Fern GrowsAnd Then There Were NoneThe Outsiders

4 comments:

  1. I hope she's not thinking of suicide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a pretty intense teaser. You have me curious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOoh nice teaser!

    Great picks too! For some reason that Frankenstein cover looks familiar. I wonder if it was used for something else...that's one classic I hope to read someday soon(ish!)!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been trying to convince my hubby that we need to buddy read The Outsiders. I can't believe neither of us have read or seen the movie. That's pretty sad. I hope you get to your classic picks soon. TKAM is one of my favorites. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs