Sunday, July 27, 2014

Stacking the Shelves #80




Stacking The Shelves is a hosted by Tynga's Reviews. Come join the fun and share all the book you received this week. 

For Review:


Tear You Apart
Tear You Apart by Sarah Cross

         



An edgy fairy tale retelling of "Snow White" set in the world of Kill Me Softly for fans of Once Upon a Time and Grimm.

Faced with a possible loophole to her "Snow White" curse, Viv goes underground, literally, to find the prince who's fated to rescue her. But is life safe in the Underworld worth the price of sacrficing the love that might kill her?







The Cure for DreamingThe Cure for Dreaming by Cat Winters 




Olivia Mead is a headstrong, independent girl—a suffragist—in an age that prefers its girls to be docile. It’s 1900 in Oregon, and Olivia’s father, concerned that she’s headed for trouble, convinces a stage mesmerist to try to hypnotize the rebellion out of her. But the hypnotist, an intriguing young man named Henri Reverie, gives her a terrible gift instead: she’s able to see people’s true natures, manifesting as visions of darkness and goodness, while also unable to speak her true thoughts out loud. These supernatural challenges only make Olivia more determined to speak her mind, and so she’s drawn into a dangerous relationship with the hypnotist and his mysterious motives, all while secretly fighting for the rights of women. Winters breathes new life into history once again with an atmospheric, vividly real story, including archival photos and art from the period throughout.






\


WinterkillCreedLooking for Jack Kerouac






Audio:


cvAfter the End (After the End #1)Rebel (Reboot, #2)The Murder Complex (The Murder Complex, #1)Torn Away


Bought:

The Prince of Venice BeachWelcome to the Dark HouseCrane (The Legends Saga, #1)

7 comments:

  1. These look really good and different. I hope you love all of them very much. I got The Murder Complex as well this week.

    Grace
    Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking forward to reading Welcome to the Dark House, Crane, and The Murder Complex myself! Hope you love them all, can't wait to see your reviews of them! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh nice haul! Didn't know there was more to the Kill Me Softly series. I didn't really enjoy that first one like I thought I would. Think it was one of the few books that really drove me to give it a low rating. Oh well! Hope you enjoy all your new reads immensely!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I have a copy of Crane as well. Tear You Apart looks amazing. Enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of great books this week! Enjoy.

    Thanks for stopping by. :)
    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great haul this week. I also got The Cure for Dreaming and am very excited to read it, it looks really great. The Murder Complex and Torn Away are two books I plan on reading soon, have had both for quite some time now. I hope you enjoy all of your books this week :) Here's my STS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of great books this week! I just got approved for Tear You Apart. While I was kind of on the fence about Kill Me Softly, I still want to return to this world. I want to read Winterkill. It sounds really good and I love that cover for some reason. I want to read After The End and The Murder Complex. Welcome to the Dark House sounds too scary for me! I hope you enjoy all of your new books.

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs