Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Review: Peter Green and the Unliving Academy

Peter Green and the Unliving Academy: This Book is Full of Dead PeopleTitle: Peter Green and the Unliving Academy
Author: Angelina Allsop
Publisher: Tck Publishing
Publishing Date: November 18th, 2018
Pages: 244
Audio Length: 10 Hours and 37 Minutes
Genre: Middle Grade Fantasy
TW: N/A
Series: Standalone
Source: Audio
 

Fourteen-year-old Peter Green can't remember how he died.
All he has are his pajamas, a silk tie, and a one-way bus ticket to Mrs. Battisworth's Academy and Haven for Unliving Boys and Girls, a strange and spooky school for dead orphans like himself. But that's all he needs: the Unliving Academy has everything, from vampires in the hallways, to monsters in the cafeteria, to ghosts in the basement.
And that's just the teachers; the students are far stranger.
As Pete learns to fit in with his new supernatural schoolmates, he starts to discover his own uniquely undead abilities, and even begins enjoying his life after death...but he just can't shake the feeling that he's forgotten something (or somebody!) important.
Somebody he left behind in the land of the living.
Somebody he loved very much.
Somebody who's in terrible danger.
What made me pick this book up: 
The publisher actually emailed me asking if I'd like to read and review it. 

What did I like about the cover: 

I love the colors and I love how creepy while still cute it looks.

What made me read this book: 

Well the publisher asked if I'd like to, and I said yes because I thought it sounded really interesting. I loved the concept of it and thought it was right up my alley. 

What did I like the most: 

As I said above I liked the concept of it. It was a fun book to read with all of the different creatures. 

I liked the characters for the most part. I loved the mystery of trying to figure out how Peter died. I felt myself wanting to keep reading so I could figure out what happened, and I feel like as long as you can have a mystery that makes the reader HAVE to find out what happens then you're doing good.

This book had a lot of interesting things in it, and a lot of good humor. I felt myself chuckling at the humor quite often. 

What didn't I like: 

I wanted so badly to like this book. The story looked awesome.
And the story wasn't bad, just like the characters and the writing wasn't bad. But honestly it was just kind of meh. I'm not sure if I just wasn't in the mood for this type of book or what.

I felt a little lost at times, like I was confused as to how we got somewhere. And there was a whole lot of fighting and action in this book, which isn't really my type of thing. I feel like my kiddo will absolutely love this book and can't wait until he's older and can read it. 

Would I read the rest of the series/more from this author?

I'd try it. 




Not quite what I was expecting, but still pretty good. 










The Channeler (The Continuum Series, #1)Malamander (Malamander, #1)Frostheart (Frostheart #1)


Angelina Allsop lives with her husband, Bryce (and a very old and quite fat bulldog called Roree) in San Tan Valley, Arizona. Allsop enjoys reading, rainy days, and (of course) writing all about the many adventures that take place in her imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs