Monday, April 6, 2020

Review: Megabat by Anna Humphrey

Megabat (Megabat #1)Title: Megabat
Author: Anna Humphrey
Publisher: Tundra Books
Publishing Date: August 8th, 2018
Pages: 160
Audio Length: N/A
Genre: MG Fiction
TW: N/A
Series: Megabat #1
Source: ARC from Netgalley
 

A sweet and hilarious chapter book about a boy and a bat, two unlikely friends who bond over loneliness, jellyrolls and Darth Vader.
Daniel Misumi has just moved to a new house. It’s big and old and far away from his friends and his life before. AND it’s haunted… or is it?
Megabat was just napping on a papaya one day when he was stuffed in a box and shipped halfway across the world. Now he’s living in an old house far from home, feeling sorry for himself and accidentally scaring the people who live there.
Daniel realizes it’s not a ghost in his new house. It’s a bat. And he can talk. And he’s actually kind of cute.
Megabat realizes that not every human wants to whack him with a broom. This one shares his smooshfruit.
Add some buttermelon, juice boxes, a light saber and a common enemy and you’ve got a new friendship in the making!
What made me pick this book up:
I saw it on Netgalley and thought the cover was really cute. I love bats.

What did I like about the cover:
I love bats lol.


What made me read this book:

It was requested on Netgalley and I'm trying to read everything that hasn't already been reviewed.

But really I thought it sounded like a really cute and sweet book.

What did I like the most:

Okay first of all Daniel made me sad, he didn't have many friends because he just moved, and I felt that. I don't have many friends, and I'm quite lonely sometimes. 
I feel like I was really able to relate, even if he is a preteen boy. 
I really loved how he loved Megabat and wanted to help him, even if he was just a bat. I loved his compassion for him.

Also I loved Megabat, obviously. I want a talking bat. Seriously I love bats so much. So it was easy to love Megabat.
But then! Megabat also loves Star Wars, and I happen to also love Star Wars. I loved reading about Megabat with his lightsaber. 

This was a really quick read, but it left me happy and giggly and I definitely want to keep reading more. 

What didn't I like:
I really didn't like his friend's brother. I can't remember his name right now, but he was a class A brat. I wanted to smack him upside his head for how he was acting. 

This book also made me cry, which I guess can be a positive because it definitely made me feel something. But I hate crying lol.

Would I read the rest of the series/more from this author?

Absolutely.


A sweet and quick read. 







Mine was napping on a tree one sunny day when, out of nowhere, mine sleeping-papaya was plucked and made to plummet into a crate filled with more papayas.
- Anna Humphrey, Megabat


InklingA Royal Guide to Monster SlayingWings of Olympus (Wings of Olympus #1)Big Foot and Little Foot (Big Foot and Little Foot #1)Missing Mike


Anna Humphrey is the author of Rhymes with Cupid (HarperTeen, 2010), Mission (Un)Popular (Disney/Hyperion Books for Children, 2011), Ruby Goldberg's Bright Idea (Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers, 2014) and Clara Humble & the Not-So-Super Powers (OwlKids Books, 2016)—all books for young readers. She lives in Kitchener, Ontario with her husband and kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs