Saturday, April 25, 2020

Jenn Vs. Ash: Deweys April 2020



It's that time again!

Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon


Clapping Applause GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Ash-
So as I said in our Bookish Banter I have been looking forward to this readathon. We've been doing it for years now and I almost always look forward to it. And yay it's here!

Here's some of our food:


And mine, Finn's and John's book stack along with my first reads of the day:



And here is my opening survey:

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?

Texas!

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?

Physical:

The End Games

Audio:

Layoverland

Graphic Novel:

The Backstagers, Vol. 3: Encore

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?

Uh, can I say all of them?! Hubby is going to make salsa and we got things to make nachos. Plus we can make pizza rolls in the air fryer. I also got stuff to make fruit salad and I have chamoy. So I'm going to put it on the fruit. Nom nom nom.

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!

Well I am a stay at home angel and boy mom. I blog (Obvs) and I love horror movies/books. I am almost a photographer, fur mom, and super creative geeky gamer. 

Y'all totally wanted to know all of that huh?

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?

I am going to just not set expectations. I know what I want to do. I know what I hope to accomplish. But I'm not going to get upset if it happens. I'm also going to take walks, and exercise, and garden so maybe to keep myself more awake. 

My plan is to start with a graphic novel. That should take me an hour to read. Then I will read an audio book, because that won't take as long. And then I will read a physical book because that takes the longest. I have my list of how I want to read them and in what (ish) order. Though that can always change. I might even throw random books in. 


Also if you want to follow me on instagram I will be posting there as well.



My goal is to post every 6 hours with updates and the mini challenges, but those usually take a while to accomplish, so we'll see about that. 


Jenn-


Good Morning everyone! I am awake and excited to go! April is such a good month. I hope I get a lot of reading done today but if I don't well I am still going to have fun. What is even more exciting is my little Finny is ready to go to. He has always participated with us as we would read to him... but this year he is reading himself and is excited to do this with us. This is the first time he knows what is going on and I love that he is excited. He has his snacks and his books ready. So we are all ready to go! 



And here is my opening survey:

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?

Texas! (same house as Ash)

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?

hmmm.... this is hard 

Physical and Kindle:

Little WhispersFly Me To The Moon: Sylvia Stryker Space Case #1 (Outer Space Mysteries)

Audio:

Guilt & Galaxy Cake (Comfort Cakes Cozy Mysteries, #2)

Graphic Novel:

Ice Cream Man, Vol. 3: Hopscotch Melange

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?

I am excited for all the junk food. I don't normally have all the junkfood. I have healthy snacks too like fruit and veggies... but I also have brownies and cookies and candy. YUM! 

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!

Not Much to tell. Most of Y'all know me. I have been married for 20 years, the light of my life is my grandson Luna. I have two crazy but very loved German Shepherds. I love to read and am an avid board game player... oh and I love the Sims. 


5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?

Nothing different.... I just want to read. I have learned to have no expectations. I do plan this time to get my steps and go for a walk with my audio once every two hours. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs