Wednesday, April 26, 2017

WOW: Fantasy with a Slice of Western


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Jenn's Pick: I Can't wait for:


Spellslinger (Spellslinger #1)
Spellslinger by Sebastien De Castell 
May 4th,  2016
"There are three things that earn you a man’s name among the Jan’Tep. The first is to demonstrate the strength to defend your family. The second is to prove you can perform the high magic that defines our people. The third is surviving your fourteenth year. I was a few weeks shy of my birthday when I learned that I wouldn’t be doing any of those things."
Kellen’s dreams of becoming a powerful mage like his father are shattered after a failed magical duel results in the complete loss of his abilities. When other young mages begin to suffer the same fate, Kellen is accused of unleashing a magical curse on his own clan and is forced to flee with the help of a mysterious foreign woman who may in fact be a spy in service to an enemy country. Unsure of who to trust, Kellen struggles to learn how to survive in a dangerous world without his magic even as he seeks out the true source of the curse. But when Kellen uncovers a conspiracy hatched by members of his own clan seeking to take power, he races back to his city in a desperate bid to outwit the mages arrayed against him before they can destroy his family.
Spellslinger is heroic fantasy with a western flavour.


This book looks pretty awesome to me. First off I love the cover. It caught my eye right away. It so lovely. Then it's about magic.... and mages.... oh yes... Finally a western flavor. YES. I adore western flavor reads. I am so into this book. Can't wait to get my hands on it. What do you think? Is a new book for you or one you are anxiously awaiting for also?


2 comments:

  1. That's a new to me one! Doesn't sound like my kind of read but I do hope you positively love it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outstanding. This looks fantastic. I love books with a Western feel. I will look this up. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs