Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Teaser Tuesday 116 and Top Ten Tuesday #106


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Should Be Reading. Bloggers choose two
sentences out of our current read to peak others' curiosity.



Black Ice
Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick

                                 




Sometimes danger is hard to see... until it’s too late.

Britt Pfeiffer has trained to backpack the Teton Range, but she isn't prepared when her ex-boyfriend, who still haunts her every thought, wants to join her. Before Britt can explore her feelings for Calvin, an unexpected blizzard forces her to seek shelter in a remote cabin, accepting the hospitality of its two very handsome occupants—but these men are fugitives, and they take her hostage.

In exchange for her life, Britt agrees to guide the men off the mountain. As they set off, Britt knows she must stay alive long enough for Calvin to find her. The task is made even more complicated when Britt finds chilling evidence of a series of murders that have taken place there... and in uncovering this, she may become the killer’s next target.

But nothing is as it seems in the mountains, and everyone is keeping secrets, including Mason, one of her kidnappers. His kindness is confusing Britt. Is he an enemy? Or an ally?

Teaser:
He brushed a kiss across my ear. Another rougher kiss to my throat. I lay there, eyes shut, feeling the ground spin beneath me. 







Top Ten is an original feature/weekly meme created here at
The Broke and the Bookish that features a great bookish top ten every week.


Top Ten Series I want to start but haven't

The Testing (The Testing, #1)Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)
Red Rising (Red Rising Trilogy, #1)Unspoken (The Lynburn Legacy, #1)The Winner's Curse (The Winner's Trilogy, #1)

The 5th Wave (The Fifth Wave, #1)
Steelheart (Reckoners, #1)Of Metal and Wishes (Of Metal and Wishes, #1)Slated (Slated, #1)

4 comments:

  1. Ooo... Black Ice. I just bought this. Hoping to start it soon.
    Thanks for sharing the tease.

    My Tease @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the teaser! Read that one awhile back, so I am kinda teased! LOL!

    Great picks too! Just recently read the Legend trilogy and liked it! The 5th Wave was also incredible! Such a thrilling read and can't wait to see what happens in the final book! Great picks!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked The 5th Wave, so I'm definitely eager to continue with that series. I've been working on reading Throne of Glass since the summer. I'm about halfway through it, but for some reason I just keep deciding to read other books rather than pick it back up. I know everyone else loves it though, so I know it's just me. Great picks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Slated looks cool. The covers of those books kind of freak me out, but they sound good. Black Ice also!! Sounds intense! Thanks for stopping by My TTT

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs