Thursday, January 9, 2020

Wee Reads: Bunnicula Collection 1-3 by James Howe

Ever since Finn was born, and even before then, we would read to him. We wanted to show him reading from an early age. Now he loves us to read the same books, over, and over, and over. But it is the sweetest thing, when he likes to pick out a book and climb into our laps. 


The Bunnicula Collection (Bunnicula, #1–3)Bunnicula Collection 1-3 by James Howe


   

BEWARE THE HARE!
Is he or isn't he a vampire?
Before it's too late, Harold the dog and Chester the cat must find out the truth about the newest pet in the Monroe household -- a suspicious-looking bunny with unusual habits... and fangs!

Do you like this book?

Yes! I love all three of the Bunnicula books we listened to. The Celery Stalks at Midnight is my favorite one though. 
I can't wait to read the next Bunnicula books. I hope we read them soon!

What's your favorite part of the book?

My favorite part is when the brothers act like vampires too! It was really scary! But they were just pretending and then it was really fun. 
I really like Howie too! He's only in The Celery Stalks at Midnight and he's their new pet!

What do you think of the cover?

I like the cover! I like it because of the vampire bunny. I love vampires and bunnies!


I read Bunnicula when I was a pre-teen (Like 10/11) and I remember loving them! Finn loves anything vampire and he started watching the TV show. The TV show isn't very much like the book, but because he loved it so much I thought we should get the book for him to read.
This is such a fun series! We have read the first three books and we just got the final 4 on audio. He can't wait to read them! 
The series is more about Harold and Chester, but it does have a lot of Bunnicula in it too. 
I highly suggest this for any kiddos who love "spooooky" things, vampires, and animals. There's nothing scary in this book so I feel it is made for anyone 4 and up really. 

Similar Books...

The Castle in the Attic (The Castle in the Attic, #1)The WitchesSideways Stories from Wayside School (Wayside School #1)The Mouse and the Motorcycle (Ralph S. Mouse, #1)


James Howe has written more than eighty books in the thirty-plus years he's been writing for young readers. It sometimes confuses people that the author of the humorous Bunnicula series also wrote the dark young adult novel, The Watcher, or such beginning reader series as Pinky and Rex and the E.B. White Read Aloud Award-winning Houndsley and Catina and its sequels. But from the beginning of his career (which came about somewhat by accident after asking himself what kind of vampire a rabbit might make), he has been most interested in letting his imagination take him in whatever direction it cared to. So far, his imagination has led him to picture books, such as I Wish I Were a Butterfly and Brontorina (about a dinosaur who dreams of being a ballerina), mysteries, poetry (in the upcoming Addie on the Inside), and fiction that deals with issues that matter deeply to him. He is especially proud of The Misfits, which inspired national No Name-Calling Week (www.nonamecallingweek.org) and its sequel Totally Joe. He does not know where his imagination will take him in the next thirty-plus years, but he is looking forward to finding out.







2 comments:

  1. I am so excited that he read these books!! I absolutely love the Bunnicula series

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs