Thursday, January 23, 2020

It's Graphic Time! Disney Manga: Tangled by Shiori Kanaki


It's Graphic Time is a feature where we review graphic novels and comic books.

Disney Manga: TangledTitle: Tangled
Author: Shiori Kanaki
Publisher: Tokyopop
Publishing Date: September 12th, 2017
Pages: 176
Audio Length: N/A
Genre: YA Fairytale Manga
TW: N/A
Series: Disney Manga 
Source: Book
 

Inspired by the hit Disney movie, Tangled.
Rapunzel has lived inside an isolated tower all of her life, able to see the world outside her window but forbidden to leave. When the notorious thief Flynn Rider shows up, she makes a deal with him to finally break free and experience the world outside her prison. is the world as scary as Mother Gothel promised it wold be? Or will she find the answers behind her magical, flowing hair and the truth about her childhood? This magical adaptation retells the hit Disney movie using beautiful manga artwork.
What made me pick this book up: 
Because Tangled manga!

What did I like about the cover: 
It's so cute! The colors are classic Tangled, I love the flowers, and Rapunzel looks adorable.

What made me read this book: 
Tangled manga! Okay but Tangled is one of my all time favorite Disney movies and I love manga. Win win.

What did I like the most: 
Again, it's Tangled. It was just like the movie, so of course it was great. 
I loved seeing the characters in manga form. And of course manga is always more dramatic so that was fun too. 

What didn't I like: 
The only thing I didn't like is that it says it's inspired by the movie. Which leads me to think it will be different but the same characters.
NO. It is the movie in manga form. So I was kind of disappointed in that. 
I was really hoping for a new story. But that's okay

Would I read the rest of the series/more from this author?
I NEED MORE DISNEY MANGA




I absolutely love seeing this movie as a manga. The artwork is absolutely adorable, keeping with the Disney style, while also being manga. I wish it was colored though, because I'd love to see it in color.


Image result for disney manga tangledImage result for disney manga tangledRelated image




Same characters as the movie. Nothing really to talk about here. I also love seeing them as manga characters.





It's the same as the movie but everything happens so much faster. I wish some of the little scenes were in there, just because it helps you know the characters more. 





I rated this a 4 star only because I wish it was a different story than the movie. But it was still good. 




Overall it was still great, just like the movie.


Disney Manga: Descendants The Rotten to the Core Trilogy Volume 1Disney Manga: Stitch - Volume 1 (Stitch!)Disney Manga Beauty and the Beast - Special 2-In-1 Collectors EditionDisney Manga: Alice in Wonderland - Volume 1Disney • Pixar Manga Collection: Finding Nemo


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs