Sunday, January 10, 2016

Tag Your'e It! Library Lovers Book Tag





We Found this tag at Starry Eyed Revue


How often do you visit your local library?

Jenn: Physically.. not very often. I used to go about once a week to the one by work and once or twice to my local. But the one by work closed and I work so much my local one has been hard to get to. I was going to the teen book club and helping out with the teen activities down at the local library and I hope to do that again soon. Once work slows down. I am on the digital library everyday. This is where I get most of my audio books and a good majority of my kindle books.

Ash: Not enough, sadly. I used to go a lot when I was younger, almost every week, for book club and such. Now I go once every six months or so. I just don't have much time anymore, and I don't like taking library books to work.. I would lose them so fast



Are you the type of person who checks out more books than you know you can read or are you someone who only checks out the exact amount of books you intend on reading before they are due?

Jenn: Oh for sure more than I can read. I have a big eyes when it comes to library cruising and perusing and think I can read all the books... no problem!!!! 


Ash: I used to get a stack of like 15 books, because that was the limit, and I would read one before they are due.

How old were you when you got your first library card?

Jenn: I can't remember the exact age but probably 6 or 7 or something around that age. I remember gong in and heading straight to the colored shelves. I would take forever to pick out a book because I could only take so many home... I would start reading them there.



Ash: Uhhh.. that's a good question? I think I was pretty young, but I don't really remember. Let's go with 7, yeah, 7 sounds good. 


Do you go to your library looking for a particular book or do you check out anything that peaks your interest?

Jenn: Both for sure. I love libraries and will go just to hang out... my best friend is a librarian.... so I go to see her too. I could go through every book on the shelf before I find myself leaving... and I find books I didn't know I wanted to read. Then I also go when I don't have a particular book that I want to read like now. I like to put those on hold so I know I am leaving with it when I get there. 



Ash: I usually go there last minute and so I don't usually have books in mind, I just go in with an open mind and start grabbing.

Do you use your library to check out just books or do you also check out DVDs, audio books etc.?

Jenn: I love my audio books So yes I do audio books too. only digital though. I really don't do DVDs I am not much of a movie person... I would rather read. 

Ash: I used to check DVDs out all the time, and CDs. In fact, I used to come home with stacks on DVDs instead of books.

From what section of your library do you check out a majority of your books? (YA, middle grade, adult, nonfiction.)

Jenn: YA of course. Sometimes young readers and starting to go with Finn in the itty bitty section. 

Ash: YA, it's the only thing I read.. well, starting to try to get into adult books now. And I take Finn over to the kids section

What is your favorite part of using your local library?

Jenn: All the digital content .... the kindle and audio. It makes my life so  much easier and have so many more options. For FREE! saves me lots of money


Ash: I think it's going to the library that's the best part. I have so many memories there, it's a safe and warm place for me.



3 comments:

  1. I am glad to see that I'm not the only one who checks out way more than I can read! I usually take out a series and I'm like "Oh yes, I can TOTALLY read this six book series in two weeks". Needless, to say, it doesn't happen!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yup i do that then I barely get through 2 and lose them around my house... recheck them for the recheck limit... then panic when I can't find them... get fined.... find them (there were where I left them... take them back and pay the fines.. then start the vicious cycle over again. yup this is my life.

      Delete
  2. I feel compelled to do this tag since I am a big fan of libraries! :D I too always check out more than I can read...

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs