Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Teaser Tuesday #15 and Top Ten Tuesday #105


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Should Be Reading. Bloggers choose two
sentences out of our current read to peak others' curiosity.



Survival Colony  Nine
Survival Colony 9 by Joshua David Bellin

                                 




I
n a future world of dust and ruin, fourteen-year-old Querry Genn struggles to recover the lost memory that might save the human race.

Querry is a member of Survival Colony Nine, one of the small, roving groups of people who outlived the wars and environmental catastrophes that destroyed the old world. The commander of Survival Colony Nine is his father, Laman Genn, who runs the camp with an iron will. He has to--because heat, dust, and starvation aren't the only threats in this ruined world.

There are also the Skaldi.

Monsters with the ability to infect and mimic human hosts, the Skaldi appeared on the planet shortly after the wars of destruction. No one knows where they came from or what they are. But if they're not stopped, it might mean the end of humanity.

Six months ago, Querry had an encounter with the Skaldi--and now he can't remember anything that happened before then. If he can recall his past, he might be able to find the key to defeat the Skaldi.



Teaser:
He kept up a running commentary as I crawled around in the dirt searching for evidence. " It doesn't have to be much, " he reminded me. 





Top Ten is an original feature/weekly meme created here at
The Broke and the Bookish that features a great bookish top ten every week.


Top Ten To Contemporary Reads that I think are underrated... 
well I havn't read as many as some so I am just going to try my best and list some I loved that I may or may not have seen a lot of talk about.. 

Curveball: The Year I Lost My GripThe Running DreamSwim the Fly (Swim the Fly, #1)How To Say Goodbye In RobotWild AwakeThe Tragedy Paper
Lovely, Dark and DeepUnbreak My HeartImaginary Girls
Say What You Will

4 comments:

  1. I really liked Imaginary Girls and you know what , I think I have Wild Awake. Need to check on on that one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice tease! Totally new to me read there!

    As are all these top ten picks! Not a contemp reader myself, but seeing lots of them today!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I forgot about How to Say Goodbye in Robot. I really wish someone would do that lovely book a favor and redo the cover. Why pink? Why? Do you NOT want any teen guys to read it? Anyway, rant over! I am listening to Say What You Will now and enjoying it. Thanks for sharing! ~Megan
    http://wp.me/pzUn5-27F

    ReplyDelete
  4. I included Wild Awake in my list, too. That one was weird but I kinda loved it. I think it helps that I listened to the audio and got a better sense of the main character that way.

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs