Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Teaser Tuesday #82 and Top Ten Tuesday #72

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Should Be Reading. Bloggers choose two
sentences out of our current read to peak others' curiosity.


Lovely, Dark and DeepTeaser: 

My limbs are weirdly heavy. Like they turned to stone without me. Without my head. 

Lovely Dark and Deep by Amy McNamara

  
  
        


A resonant debut novel about retreating from the world after losing everything—and the connections that force you to rejoin it.

Since the night of the crash, Wren Wells has been running away. Though she lived through the accident that killed her boyfriend Patrick, the girl she used to be didn’t survive. Instead of heading off to college as planned, Wren retreats to her father’s studio in the far-north woods of Maine. Somewhere she can be alone.

Then she meets Cal Owen. Dealing with his own troubles, Cal’s hiding out too. When the chemistry between them threatens to pull Wren from her hard-won isolation, Wren has to choose: risk opening her broken heart to the world again, or join the ghosts who haunt her.





Top Ten is an original feature/weekly meme created here at
The Broke and the Bookish that features a great bookish top ten every week.


Top Ten Covers I Wish I Could Redesign 


 The Fire Horse GirlCarnival of SoulsEvery Day (Every Day, #1)ForgottenBlack & White (Noughts & Crosses, #1)Where'd You Go, Bernadette17 & Gone
The Way We Fall (Fallen World, #1)Crewel (Crewel World, #1)I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies, #1) 


7 comments:

  1. Nice tease! Nice cover picks too, but I can't help but liking Carnival of Souls as is.

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, good book methinks
    http://cupandchaucer.wordpress.com/2013/11/12/teaser-tuesday-november-12/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teaser. I like the Crewel cover as is, but the rest...yeah could be done better. Here is my TT http://cynthiastacey.com/2013/11/12/teaser-tuesday-nov-12/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha I thought I was the only one who wasn't a huge fan of the Carnival of Souls cover :S The others are not covers I would look at twice at the story either. That Bernadette one is hilarious though in a way lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks! I hate boring or ugly covers on books, really puts me off buying it. My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Everyday book reminds me too much of Mitch Albom's books (The Five People You Meet in Heaven, Tuesday's With Morrie). I think 17 & Gone and I am Number Four are just too orange and burned out for me. I do like the cover of your teaser though, I've always thought that one was pretty :)

    Thanks for stopping by My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the teaser!
    I am a cover wh*re, so I tend to not buy books with awful cover. I know it's awful.

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs