Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday # 23 W.W.W. #9


Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine,

 that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. 



This week I am waiting on: 


Because It Is My Blood by Gabrielle Zevin  (Birthright #2)


September 18th 2012


I am really looking forward to this one. I read the first one and loved it. I still need to review it! 

Because It Is My Blood (Birthright, #2)



“Every time I think I’m out, they pull me back in.”- Michael Corleone,The Godfather



Since her release from Liberty Children's Facility, Anya Balanchine is determined to follow the straight and narrow. Unfortunately, her criminal record is making it hard for her to do that. No high school wants her with a gun possession charge on her rap sheet. Plus, all the people in her life have moved on: Natty has skipped two grades at Holy Trinity, Scarlet and Gable seem closer than ever, and even Win is in a new relationship.But when old friends return demanding that certain debts be paid, Anya is thrown right back into the criminal world that she had been determined to escape. It’s a journey that will take her across the ocean and straight into the heart of the birthplace of chocolate where her resolve--and her heart--will be tested as never before.



and 


Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter (White Rabbit Chronicles #1) 

September 25th 2012

This just looks awesome. Alice and Zombies- what a great mixture. An the cover is so beautiful. 

Alice in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles, #1)She won’t rest until she’s sent every walking corpse back to its grave. Forever.

Had anyone told Alice Bell that her entire life would change course between one heartbeat and the next, she would have laughed. From blissful to tragic, innocent to ruined? Please. But that’s all it took. One heartbeat. A blink, a breath, a second, and everything she knew and loved was gone.

Her father was right. The monsters are real….

To avenge her family, Ali must learn to fight the undead. To survive, she must learn to trust the baddest of the bad boys, Cole Holland. But Cole has secrets of his own, and if Ali isn’t careful, those secrets might just prove to be more dangerous than the zombies….


I wish I could go back and do a thousand things differently.
I'd tell my sister no.
I'd never beg my mother to talk to my dad.
I'd zip my lips and swallow those hateful words.
Or, barring all of that, I'd hug my sister, my mom and my dad one last time.
I'd tell them I love them.
I wish... Yeah, I wish.




W...W...W.. Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by should Be Reading.... 


Last week I had someone ask if there was three of me reading. I thought that was kind of funny. So in case anyone wonders why I have three books listed, it is because I always have at least three going, one audio, one kindle, and one physical book. Sometimes i have more. I do have a bit of Book ADD, but for the most part I have three going at one time. 


What are you currently reading?


Ultraviolet (Ultraviolet, #1)           What I Didn't Say


Empyreal Fate


What did you recently finish reading? 


   Rot & Ruin           The Last Echo (The Body Finder, #3)



Spectral


What do you think you’ll read next?


    City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5)               The Little Woods



     Something Like Normal



What's your Wednesday?

6 comments:

  1. *flails* I need Alice in Zombieland, like NOW.

    Also, you should totally read City of Lost Souls next.

    Isabelle @Wake Up at Seven

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, such intriguing covers! I haven't heard of any of the books but I like looking at them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cover of "The little woods", happy reading with it! :)


    You can find my WWW post here:
    http://www.peekabook.it/2012/07/www-wednesdays-july-04.html



    Valentina
    www.peekabook.it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too am looking forward to BIRTHRIGHT #2!! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These books do sound interesting!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani
    http://paulettespapers.com/?p=2200

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs