Thursday, February 8, 2018

Wee Reads: Even Superheros Have Bad Days by Shelly Becker

Ever since Finn was born, and even before then, we would read to him. We wanted to show him reading from an early age. Now he loves us to read the same books, over, and over, and over. But it is the sweetest thing, when he likes to pick out a book and climb into our laps. 





What Finn Reads.... 

Even Superheroes Have Bad Days
Even Superheroes Have Bad Days by Kelly Becker

  




When Superheroes don’t get their way, when they’re sad, when they’re mad, when they’ve had a bad day . . .. . . they COULD super-tantrum, they COULD but they DON'T,
because REAL Superheroes just WOULDN'T—they WON'T!

All kids have trouble getting a grip on their emotions, sometimes—even young superheroes! But what do they do when they’re having a bad day? Colorful action-packed illustrations and a dynamite rhyming text reveal the many ways superheroes (and ordinary children, too) can resist the super-temptation to cause a scene when they’re sad, mad, frustrated, lonely, or afraid. From burning off steam on a bike or a hike, to helping others, this energetic picture book has plenty of fun ideas to help kids cope when they’re feeling overwhelmed.

What Finn Thinks...

Do you like this book?
Yeah! I super like it! I just like this book 30

What's your favorite part of the book?
The superheroes! The Monsters! The Bad Guys! Beastie is my favorite superhero 

What do you think of the cover?
Yeah it's silly. I like the superhero holding the web to stop the rain. But it's not stopping the rain! Webman is my favorite too.

Do you want me to read it again?
No, not ever. I will read it again later.

What Momma Thinks... 

I really enjoy reading this book. The cartoons are silly and really cute. I love the rhyming so it's really easy to read. I also really love that it's teaching that it's okay to feel and have emotions, but throwing a fit just isn't okay. Finn really enjoyed me reading this to him, he kept pointing to the superheroes and making up names for them, like "Webman", "Louderman", or "Tornadio"

Other books like this.
Today I'm a MonsterLlama Llama Mad at MamaHow Do Dinosaurs Say I'm Mad?Grumpy Bird

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs