Friday, February 23, 2018

Review: Dead Living by Glenn Bullion

Dead LivingTitle: Dead Living
Author: Glenn Bullion
Publisher: Permuted Press
Publishing Date: January 7th, 2013
Pages: 240
Genre: Young Adult Zombie
Series: Standalone
Source: Book
 

It didn’t take long for the world to die. And it didn’t take long, either, for the dead to rise.
Born on the day everything ended, a world filled with the walking dead is the only one that Aaron knows. Kept in seclusion, his family teaches him the basics. How to read and write. How to survive.
Then Aaron makes a shocking discovery. The undead, who desire nothing but flesh, ignore him. It’s as if he’s invisible to them.
The survivors of the old suburb of Lexington call a high school their home. They live day to day, without any of the luxuries mankind used to enjoy. Samantha is a product of the new world. Alone, cold, looking out only for herself. She and the other residents of Lexington feel their hope dwindling. They need change. They need someone who can face the corpses. They need someone who can live in a city of the dead.
They need Aaron.
Dead Living is about the zombie apocalypse and life after the dead rise. Told from multiple point of views, see how the characters learn to survive 
What made me pick this book up: 
The cover did actually. I love anything zombie and the cover did me in.

What did I like about the cover: 
I love how eerie it looks, with the ominous green smoke, the dripping letters, and the hands. It represents the book well with Aaron in the middle.

What made me read this book: 
Zombies! It was also one I had on my physical TBR shelf for a long time and it wasn't a super long book. Though it took me a lot longer to finish it than I had wanted.

What did I like the most: 
Aaron. I loved his character so much. He was funny and a bit of a smart ass. The story was interesting enough for being a zombie book. I had a love/hate relationship with the writing because it told how everyone was feeling instead of just one character at a time.

What didn't I like: 
Basically what I said about the writing. It was interesting but it almost felt a little like an overload. That and it seemed to take forever to read, like it just kept going on forever.

Would I read the rest of the series/more from this author?
Maybe if there was more to this series, but probably not. It's a good standalone book I think. As far as more from this author? I looked at what other books he's written and I would have to say no.


It took me a bit to get into the story to be honest. For the most part it was good, but I still feel almost like I just finished it to say I did.


Domain of the Dead (Domain of the Dead #1)Kings of the DeadEdenAfter the EndWhite Flag of The Dead (White Flag of the Dead, #1)

1 comment:

  1. I like the cover and I love zombie books, but this one will probably be a pass for me. Great review though! 😀

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs