Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Teaser Tuesday #80 and Top Ten Tuesday #70


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Should Be Reading. Bloggers choose two
sentences out of our current read to peak others' curiosity.


The Deepest BlueTeaser: 

Maggie stands still, sobs pouring from her small body. A Little puddle of tears is forming on the counter as the coffee drips into the glass pot and fills the room with an earthy aroma.


The Deepest Blue by Kim Williams Justeen 

  
  
        


Mike hasn’t spoken to his mother in years, and what few memories he has of her are painful. When Mike’s dad is killed in a car wreck, Mike wants to stay in his hometown and live with Maggie, his dad’s girlfriend, who has been like a mother to him for the last five years. But Mike’s mother reappears in his life and demands that he return to her custody and live on the other side of the country with a family he doesn't know. The law is on his mother’s side, and Mike will have to grow up quickly and take on the legal system to have the life he wants. This deeply moving story of a young teen's difficult family relationships reflects the reality of many children and teens with strong emotional ties to adults who have no legal rights in the instance of death or divorce.





Top Ten is an original feature/weekly meme created here at
The Broke and the Bookish that features a great bookish top ten every week.




Top Ten Scariest or Creepiest 
Looking Book Covers

Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna, #1)Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine, #1)Envy (Empty Coffin, #1)Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die #1)InsanityNo One Else Can Have You
Delia's Shadow Project CainAsylum














7 comments:

  1. Wow, lots of creepy covers you have there. We share a few titles in our list as well. Great picks.

    Check out Our TTT

    Xoxo. Daisel @ Owl Always Be Reading

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome list! I have Anna Dressed in Blood on my list too. Envy is also a great cover. Forgot about that one! Happy Tuesday!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice tease!!

    Tons of us are going with Anna! Also seeing a lot of Asylum, The Replacement and Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. All creepy covers!

    Something about No One Else Can Have You's cover makes me laugh. I guess because it looks like one of those hideous Christmas sweaters, yet this one is bit more grotesque! Not that the grotesqueness is funny, but I guess the idea of making fun of said Christmas sweater is why I tend to chuckle. Although the book itself did sound creepy!

    Dorothy Must Die is one I cannot wait to read either! Guess I like the different spins on beloved favorite stories or movies. And I don't know...the title makes me laugh too, because Dorothy was our heroine! Now she's our villain!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Deepest Blue sounds heart-wrenching -- such a great teaser, though. Love the creepy covers post, too! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Envy SO should've made my list!!! I don't know what I was thinking! The cover of Insanity is cool too... and definitely eerie. That's the first I've seen it! Really cool list :)

    Thanks for stopping by My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picks! I can't believe I forgot about Asylum! It definitely does look creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Deepest Blue sounds interesting.
    You picked some great creepy covers! Envy has an especially creepy one! It's a good book too!

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs