Friday, April 5, 2013

Follow Friday #62





Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Rachel of Parajunkee and Alison of Alison Can Read!



Featured Blogs:



And

My Button




Q: Have you ever read a book that you thought you would hate -- ? Did you end up hating it? Did you end up loving it? Or would you never do that?

A: I try to give pretty much all books a shot. I am a equality among books member.  Lately I read a book for a group read... 

The Postman Always Rings Twice by James M. Cain


The Postman Always Rings Twice

I didn't think I would enjoy this book at all, but I actually enjoyed it very much. I am trying to expand my reading to older books and classics, honestly they scare me. This book gave me some hope. This book made me think I should try more Crime Noir books.

5 comments:

  1. Great post, glad you enjoyed the book in the end. I love your header by the way! Please take a minute to check out my FF?

    Amber
    The Mile Long Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this happens to me sometimes too bc I'm so often the black sheep haha. But I can't actually think of a book right now. I thought I would HATE Taken which I'm reading now bc my friend told me no way I would like it, but I find it's average, I mean, I don't like it but I don't hate it as much as I expected so I guess that counts lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm reading a book right now that I expected to love but am finding that I almost kind of hate it. I love most every classic I've read, but I found in school that if I read it for a class and had to do all of the discussion questions, etc., I enjoyed it a lot less. Why do they have to force books on kids...let them decide what they want to read and maybe they'll find that they love reading, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that you ended up liking The postman always rings twice. I haven't heard of this before, but will definitely check it out!

    New GFC Follower, Follow back?

    Here's My Feature & Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! I guess that can be said with me and my one and only classic read that I've enjoyed. Having had to read so many in school I never enjoyed them, so when the assignments came up I went into each one thinking I'd hate it. And I did. Until 12th grade when I read The Count of Monte Cristo. I was already devouring paranormals for years by then and had no expectations to like this book with nothing paranormal about it, but I ended up loving it!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs